The Cal-Israel Innovation Expo is an annual commerce and educational event connecting Israeli start-ups and companies with students, faculty, investors, business leaders, strategic partners, and government delegations. The Expo showcases the next generation of Israeli innovations in medical, energy and water conservation, agribusiness, computer and cyber technologies. Expo fosters global innovation, cross-cultural education, and professional development enhancing the vitality of the global economies and empowering businesses, students and communities worldwide.
The Expo partnered with the Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering at University of San Diego as a sponsor and host. The Expo also partnered with several Israeli and U.S government offices and organizations in order to provide initiatives, opportunities and programs to all participants. Our Expo participants, exhibitors, organizations and programs offerings enhances the support for Israel and the U.S. through commerce and education. The Expo dates are March 8-9, 2016.
Expo offers programs that local businesses, communities and students can benefit from:
- Access to new technologies, innovations, solutions, investment opportunities and future developments. Attendees may collaborate with highly acclaimed leaders, obtain critical information and guidance from strategic partners and community members in San Diego and Israel.
- Participants and investors will have the opportunity invest in early stage investments with startups and innovative products from Israel.
- San Diego companies can showcase their services as Exhibit/Sponsor and gain access as strategic partners to exhibitors at the Expo.
- Students and participants attending the Expo will have the chance to explore, interact with Israeli Exhibitors, products, innovations and technologies.
- Seminars - We offer several free seminars that students, community members and faculty can attend and gain valuable information from esteemed panel of speakers.
- Internship - Students attending the Expo may receive exclusive access to internship opportunities and entry-level positions with Cal-Israeli companies in Israel and U.S.
- Volunteers - A unique program offered to local schools to volunteer, participate and learn about the process of creating a Star-up and launching one (both days).
Sponsor: USD SHILEY-MARCOS School of Engineering, Israel Foreign Trade, Consulate General Israel, L.A, Ministry of Economy, Mintz Levin