"Join us on a fascinating journey with Professor Sanford Lakoff who will cover the following:
1. Strengths and Weaknesses: The Military Balance, Regional Realignment, European and UN Pressure, and Strains in the US-Israel Alliance
2. The Palestinians and their Perpetual Intifada
2. The Jihadis: Al Qaeda, the Islamic State, Islamic Jihad, et al.
3. The Syrian Civil War and its Potential Spillover and Aftermath
4. Iran’s Relentless Hostility and its Encircling Tentacles in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Gaza
5. Israel’s Key Defensive Priorities
Lakoff is founding chair of the Department and a distinguished scholar in political philosophy and science and public policy. He is the author of Equality in Political Philosophy, Democracy: History, Theory and Practice, and Max Lerner: Pilgrim in the Promised Land (1998, University of Chicago Press) and Strategic Defense in the Nuclear Age and Ten Political Ideas that have Shaped the Modern World (September 2011); co-author of Science and the Nation: Policy and Politics, Energy and American Values, and A Shield in Space?: Technology, Politics, and the Strategic Defense Initiative. He has also edited a half dozen volumes, including Knowledge and Power: Essays on Science and Government. He has contributed over fifty essays to edited volumes, journals, and encyclopedias.